How Many Weeks Pregnant Am I ?
Make sure you count the first day of your last period.
The estimated due date of a baby is calculated by adding 266 days to ovulation, or 280 days to the first day of the last menstrual cycle.
In one menstrual cycle, an egg cell is released by the ovary before 14 days the next menstruation. This event is called ovulation. Eggs will be entered into the channel (tuba) in which fertilization (conception) occurred. Furthermore, the results of conception will be transported into the uterus. If no pregnancy occurs, the egg will degenerate and removed from the womb along with menstrual blood.
However, if fertilization occurs, the result of conception will grow into an embryo through cell division. Pregnancy is usually calculated in units of weeks, starting from the first day of last menstruation. Because ovulation generally occurs after two weeks since the first menstruation and fertilization occurs shortly after ovulation, the embryo is roughly the age of two weeks younger than the actual gestational age.
In other words, the woman who declared pregnant four weeks, the embryo is two weeks of age. If menstrual irregularities, differences in gestational age could actually more than two weeks. To simplify, if a woman missed a period of two weeks, then the pregnancy will be written by the doctor six weeks. Length of pregnancy on average 266 days (38 weeks) calculated from the occurrence of conception (fertilization).
Estimated date of delivery is usually calculated by subtracting the three months since the first menstruation had to day plus seven and year plus 1. For example, a woman who was pregnant with the first day of last menstrual date of May 15, 2003, the estimated delivery date is February 22, 2004. It is estimated, only 10% of pregnancy labor in accordance with the approximate date of birth, 50% will be birthing in a week around the date estimates, and 90% will be delivering in two weeks before or after the date estimated.
Therefore, delivery of less than two weeks or more than two weeks from the estimated date of childbirth is considered normal. Generally, to determine a pregnancy, can be blood or urine tests. Pregnancy tests using ELISA system (enzyme linked immunosorbent assay) can detect early pregnancy with a quick and easy. Although at the time that human chorionic gonadotropin levels in the urine was still low. Some of sensitive pregnancy tests can detect human chorionic gonadotropin when levels still very low, ie 1.5 weeks after the cycle of fertility.
Examination takes about half an hour. During the first 60 days, in conditions of normal pregnancies with multiple fetuses, human chorionic gonadotropin levels would be increased two times every two days. Women often forget the first day of his last menstruation. This certainly will complicate the doctor to calculate the age of her pregnancy. For that, there are several ways to determine gestational age.
• Fetal heartbeat can be heard through the stethoscope or a special instrument called a Doppler instrument. The fetal heart can be detected with a stethoscope when the gestational age of about 18 to 20 weeks and with a Doppler instrument at the time of pregnancy from 12 to 14 weeks.
• Movement of the fetus can be felt by a mother who is pregnant, usually when the gestational age from 16 to 20 weeks. Pregnant women who never before could feel the movements earlier than first-time pregnancy.
• Detecting enlarging uterus using ultrasound can be seen when the gestational age of about six weeks. Fetal heartbeat can be seen when she was six weeks, although it was not clear. Beat it 95% can be seen clearly when the age of eight weeks of pregnancy. Signs of pregnancy is the most awaited by a woman who wanted her to have a baby dream family (family hoping). With the onset of pregnancy indicates that married couples have fertility levels are good and it also turned out that they do not have a significant health problem.
With the advent of the signs of pregnancy, the presence of a baby in their family lived waiting time. The family feels more complete with the presence of the highly anticipated baby. But sometimes, the couple has not really know about the signs of pregnancy. They sometimes still confuse where the signs of pregnancy (pregnancy symptoms) is actually a sign of future periods, because many cases occur that the signs of pregnancy are usually similar to the signs of future periods. Ignorance about this also causes some cases of miscarriage (Miscarriage).
This is due to still do an activity or consumption of food that should not be done during pregnancy, when in fact he's been through pregnancy. By knowing the signs of pregnancy also resulted in thorough preparation to meet the pregnancy became neglected. Conversely, many cases of family stress due to the signs that have been regarded as a sign of pregnancy, apparently after a test done several times but the result is negative. Shadow and they were waiting for pregnancy dream finally became lost. Many of the women considered that the signs of pregnancy only see from one side only, which is delayed menstruation. It is true; one of the signs of pregnancy is delayed menstruation. However, late menstruation is also not just caused by the pregnancy course, many things that influence it, diet, stress, fatigue, hormonal disorders etc. there.
Now, to ensure longer, than the late period, look at all the signs of pregnancy that others, namely:
1. Breasts feel 'bloated' and a little pain One early sign of pregnancy is pain / sensitivity in the breast when touched. This is caused by rising levels of hormones in the body. It was probably more pain than usual that you experience before menstruation. This discomfort will be reduced after the first trimester, as the body adjusts to hormonal changes.
2. Quick tired Feeling very tired all of a sudden? No one knows for sure what causes fatigue in early pregnancy. But there is the possibility of elevated levels of progesterone hormone that causes you drowsy. You'll feel more energized after you step on the second trimester. Despite his fatigue usually returns in the final months of pregnancy when you are carrying heavier loads and discomfort are also common during pregnancy that makes you hard to sleep soundly.
3. Bleeding / plaque Some women experience a little bleeding around 11 - 12 days after conception (close to the time you are late coming months). This bleeding may be caused by the fertilized egg cell into a rich layer of blood in your uterus. This process begins 6 days after fertilization, but no one knows for sure. Not bleeding a lot (looks like a stain of red, pink or brownish) and ending in 1 - 2 days (IMMEDIATELY tell your doctor if you experience bleeding, especially if it is followed because this pain can be a sign of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in the so-called outside the womb).
4th. Nausea and Vomiting If you are like most women, morning sickness does not occur until 1 month after conception. (The lucky few who did not experience it at all ... like me ...). But some women feel nauseous early. And not just the mornings, with nausea and vomiting of pregnancy can occur in the morning, afternoon or evening. Approximately 50% of pregnant women still feel nausea until early in the second trimester. And some others need a few months until her nausea was gone.
5. Increased sensitivity to odors If you get pregnant the first time, not funny if you avoid the smell of coffee or other scent that stung. Although no one knows for sure, this may occur resulting in higher levels of estrogen in your body. You also may find a few foods that you normally like to suddenly become 'strange' taste.
6. Flatulence Hormonal changes in early pregnancy can make you feel bloated, just like in some women before coming months. That's why your clothes feel crowded than usual at the waist, even if your content is still small.
7. Frequent urination Soon after you become pregnant, you will realize that you be diligent to the bathroom. Why? This happens mostly because during pregnancy the amount of blood and body fluids increases so fluid that is processed in the kidney was also increased and eventually into your bladder. These symptoms usually appear early in the week 6th to the first trimester and even more frequently as the process of pregnancy and infant growth in an increasingly pressing your bladder.
8. Moon Came Too Late If you are usually quite irregular menstruation and this month you are 'late', you can try a pregnancy test even if you do not feel there was any sign of pregnancy as I mentioned earlier. But if you do not menstruate regularly or you are not paying too much attention cycle, a sense of nausea, breast that feels tightened and more often to the bathroom may signal pregnancy before you realize that you are late for your period.
9. Increased body temperature If you are often measure your body temperature and you see that you keep your body temperature rise during the 18 days, you might be pregnant.